21.9.10

Piccadilly Line


And so my adventure begins! Or, should I say, my adventure continues. After living in Estes Park, CO this summer, I feel like I've been beyond lucky this year. 

These things I've been doing lately, mountain climbing and jet setting across the Atlantic for three months, are so unlike me. I've been thinking about my life and the choices I've made over the last few months. Is it so unlike me? Or am I just becoming me? I think I'm starting to understand that holding back on what I want to do or say or experience isn't really getting me anywhere. I think I get so caught up in guarding my future,so cautious of my next move, I miss out on the present. More than anything, that's what I hope to do while in London. Be in the here and now. More than anything else, God had been teaching me this summer to "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). It's such a struggle for me, but with some insight from the Rockies, I'm going to practice in the Queen's city.

Ok, so my favorite part of Britain so far...the accents! Here are some words that are "a bit" different that I've noticed the past couple of days:

line= queue 
class= module
course= major
bathroom= toilet
laundry mat= laundrette
miday= noon
half 7= 7:30
runners= tennis shoes



A sneak attack picture my mom took 
of me in Denver, London-bound.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are there and taking on this new adventure! You will have a blast in London just sitting watching the Locals will be educational and interesting!! Parker and I have been praying for you during your preparation and decision to go! You will stay in them! Have fun and enjoy every minute! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Schmann! You sound so at peace with the direction your life is taking; it's awesome. Keep the blog going so I can stalk you ;-) Have so much fun. And your pic- you look as beautiful as ever dear! -Kara Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always wondered what a Chu's blog would look like. i imagined you saying all those words in an accent. in that sneak attack photo you look so travelery. p.s. now i'm gonna message you on FB

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to hear about your time on the other side of the big blue! Love the writing so far. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love you shmandy. WALK IT OUT. i mean, talk it out i mean... type it out.

    ReplyDelete