Day 20
Today I picked up on a couple new Brit words. I'm constantly learning new lingo...so really I pick up on new phrases and meanings everyday (and sometimes say them without thinking...eek). I always underestimate how vastly different the same language can sound in different parts of the world. It's basically like learning a new language without all of the extra effort (i hate conjugating verbs in spanish). So here we go:
Word #1 Kerfuffle: a mess of things
Word #2 Faffing (as in faffing around): muckin around, doing nothing serious.
Extra Credit Points Use both words in a sentence:
"I was so busy faffing around, I forgot about the food on the hob and caused a kerffufle!"
It's actually spelled kerfuffle, and it's one of my favorite words. I've actually blogged about both of those words before, they are super useful and fun to say. Vocabulary is so much fun!
ReplyDeleteBut what's a hob?
ReplyDeleteThanks Stevi! haha...the accent threw me off.
ReplyDeleteNicole, a hob is like a stove burner!