Day 8
For the first time in forever, I was early to ChristChurch London. Not just 20 minutes early...I was a whole hour early. More than rare. Lucky for me, where we meet for church is just off of Embankment. As I walked out of the underground train station, I stumbled upon the best view ever. The sun setting over London's best sights. The Thames River, London Eye, Big Ben, House of Parliment...all right in front of me. Occasionally, a signature red double-decker bus would pass over the bridge. Let's get one thing straight: it's never sunny in London. Visible sunsets are just as rare as me showing up on time to church. At first, I thought 'What a great view...' Then, as I put away my camera and simply walked along the river-front, I felt incredibly loved by God and so thankful for my time here. It was a much needed date with the city, the sunset and its Creator.
No comments:
Post a Comment